Certificate for Community Interpreting – 40 Hours
This training will teach the mechanics and techniques of interpreting. Each session will provide extensive information on interpreting methods, roles, professionalism, ethics, cultural considerations, and the various contexts in which interpreters are often called upon to work. It requires extensive hands-on, in-class practice and the demonstration of acquired skills.
- Training delivery – 15 hours of synchronous real-time training with an instructor (attendance required) combined with 25 hours of asynchronous self-paced training.
- Synchronous Learning: Online classes will begin on January 15, 2024, occurring every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. There will be a total of six live sessions led by an instructor.
- Asynchronous Learning: Study at your own pace. Students are required to complete the 25 self-paced modules by January 31st.
- Certificate program cost:
- Certificate comes with:
- Entrance language proficiency test
- Comprehensive curriculum and training materials
- Course textbook
- Personalized feedback and assessment
- Final exam
- Certificate of completion
- Networking and career opportunities